How to Order
This page contains important information regarding the delivery of Seigensha products outside Japan.
Please read and understand the contents of this page prior to completing your order.
Payment is accepted by Paypal.
Payment may be made by Mastercard, Visa, American Express and JCB.
- Delivery charges must be paid in full by the customer. Charges are calculated on the basis of the delivery destination and the total weight and dimensions of the items to be shipped.
- Your order will be shipped within 10 business days of receipt of payment. Depending on the destination, delivery from Japan generally takes from 10 to 30 business days. No orders are shipped on weekends or Japanese holidays.
- Customs duties may be levied depending on the customer’s country of residence and the contents of the order. All customs duties are the responsibility of the customer. You will receive your order once all duties are paid.
- A shipment verification email with an EMS tracking number will be sent from “international[at]seigensha.com” (*please change (at) to @.) once shipping procedures are complete. Shipment status may be confirmed by entering the EMS tracking number on the EMS website below. Please note that shipment status details are not always reflected on the website in real time.
- Regarding shipments that have not arrived by the estimated arrival date, or for further details on order shipment status, contact your local EMS office. Please verify tracking number(s) and shipping status beforehand.
- Once an order has been finalized, no order cancellations or changes by the customer will be accepted.
- In the event that items received are defective or differ from the contents of the customer’s order, returns will be accepted if they are in unopened and unused condition. For information on how to complete your return, please contact us at “international[at]seigensha.com” (*please change (at) to @.) no later than 7 days after the arrival of your order.
- When defects/issues have been verified, we will notify you by e-mail on how to proceed. Please note that we do not accept returns in the following cases:
- Products that have been in your possession for 8 or more days after delivery.
- Products that have been used.
- Products that have been soiled or damaged in your care.
- We require return shipments to be made via EMS (Express Mail Service). When products are returned through a service other than EMS, shipment costs will not reimbursed. Products returned by EMS will be reimbursed for the costs of the original shipment, the product(s) and the return shipment.
- Shipment charges associated with returning the product will be incurred by the customer, but will be reimbursed along with the refund on the order. Customs duties incurred when the product was initially received will not be reimbursed. Differences in exchange rate from the time of purchase to the time of return are the burden of the customer.
For wholesale, please contact our distributor, IDEA Books.
If you have any questions, please use the inquiry form (https://en.seigensha.com/contact/) or contact us by email at: “international[at]seigensha.com” (*please change (at) to @).
Our main office is located at 9-1, Umetada-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8136 Japan.